And celebrating his half-birthday,
And his first birthday,
And that he is already 1 1/2 is hard for my mind to take in!
Colby is full of energy at this stage...he's very curious and explores everywhere he goes. He is a climber and isn't afraid of anything...
He loves his sisters,
his daddy,
and his mama,
He is a great eater...his favorite eats are applesauce, bananas, grapes, pretzels, soy milk, peanut butter crackers, waffles, popsicles, and lollipops! He's not a big fan of meat...I'm sure over time that will change... :)
He doesn't require much sleep for a baby--that hasn't changed--but he HAS gotten much better about his sleep routine. We sing a few songs ("Thank you, God", "You are My Sunshine", "I Love You"), we give hugs and kisses, I lay him down and play a little game with his blanket where I cover him up (making it a parachute over him), giggle and cuddle up, and then I turn on his musical puppy & say "Night, Night"...he usually sits up and says, "Mama", but then lays right back down and goes to sleep. This is such an improvement from prolonged screaming and crying as he jumped up and down in his crib anytime I put him down. I have prayed for this change, for his sake and mine, and am very thankful God granted this request!
Colby LOVES playing with balls...he says and points out anything round, anywhere we go and says, "ball"...he even calls round food--like grapes--balls. Sooo cute! He kicks them, rolls them, hits them with bats and golf clubs, and has an excellent throw, in my unbiased opinion. I think he's gonna be a lefty (like me) but Steven isn't convinced yet...he may be in denial about it. ;) He also loves playing with Whitney's kitchen and play food, and enjoys rolling trucks and cars around making vroooom sounds. He wants to be outside any chance he gets and likes exploring and playing with dirt and rocks and sticks...sounds like a boy to me! Oh, and he LOVES listening to music and dancing...he has some great moves!!!!
He has 12 teeth! Man, that's a lot of work!!!
He is wearing size 24 months clothes, size 7 shoes, and size 5 diapers. We haven't had his well check yet, but at his last dr. appointment a few weeks ago, he weighed 31 pounds. A big guy!
His vocabulary includes many words, though he is pretty quiet and doesn't babble much...I guess he has a hard time getting a word in with two sisters who are very chatty...he says, Audra, mama, dada, pu pu (puppy), hi, no, yes, thank you, pa (please), night night, bye bye, more, shoe, ball (his FAVORITE word), and I am sure others that I can't think of this moment!! I am amazed at what he understands--I can tell him to put an item in a specific place and he does it and shakes his head yes or no when asked specific questions...smart cookie!
Soooo thankful for our sweet honey, Colby Michael!!!















No comments:
Post a Comment