Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Dallas Zoo

We took our first (of hopefully many) trips to the Dallas Zoo yesterday.  I decided to get a family membership this year, thinking it could be a fun thing to do with the kids during the summer--when it's not TOOOOO hot--and throughout the year.  With little ones, it's hard to take it all in during one trip, so it takes the pressure off of seeing everything each visit!  :)

We weren't the only ones that thought of going there on Good Friday while the kids were out of school, but we got there at 9:30 and it really wasn't ever uncomfortably crowded.  We got "rockstar" parking--like curbside, literally feet away from the main entrance....this was great because some people walked over 1/4-1/2 mile...

Through the Grief Share group I have been attending, God has blessed me with a dear friend, Lynn Nikaidoh, and she went with us and was so helpful--like, I don't know that I'd have made it there without her...and I know I would NOT have enjoyed it as much!!

The kids loved it...even Colby was engaged watching the animals.  Audra got to ride a camel and feed a giraffe....Whitney could've done both but was scared to DEATH of both and passed...

We saw a cool bird exhibition where a parrot sang "Old McDonald" and other birds interacted with the audience.  The kids also loved the Kid Zoo area where there is a water path for kids to take their shoes off and play in.  My girls amused me because they kept wanting to have their pictures made by different bronze statutes throughout the zoo--you can tell their mom is a picture person!!



































The weather was gorgeous, the kids were jolly, and the animals were up close and personal...a great day! Looking forward to many more memorable trips in the months ahead.  Come see us and we'll take you to the zoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment