Saturday, April 7, 2012

The First Week of April

Last Sunday, I served in Colby's Sunday School class and it was lots of fun seeing him with all the other babies his age...very sweet!


We have had fun with nicer weather and been able to play in the yard lots more...the kids LOVE swinging in the morning before lunchtime and in the late afternoon before dinner.  I am so thankful that we got the swing set when we did!




I got a little stir crazy this week and so we went shoe shopping (ALL the kids have outgrown their shoes...too fast!) to get some for Easter Sunday...we stopped in Pottery Barn Kids and Whitney had lots of fun playing with the toys there!







We also had severe weather this week in the form of tornado warnings...I had to wake the babies from their naps and put them in the tub with pillows and blankets and camp out in there for about an hour.  Whitney acted like playing with the iPad in a bathtub of pillows was totally normal...she didn't sense my anxiety and I guess didn't notice the very loud weather sirens going off or the even louder hail stones hitting the roof and windows.  Audra was at school in tornado lock-down...luckily, we all were fine and had no damage.



I couldn't resist taking a photo of Colby falling asleep as he ate lunch...one minute he was eating and the next time I looked, he was out!  SOOOO precious!  I love this boy so much it feels like my heart could burst!  I can't believe that he's going to be ONE in less than three weeks.  It doesn't seem possible.  I am trying to enjoy each moment at home with these babies and am so thankful to have the time with them that I do.  I think of life as having "seasons" and this one that I am living now, though it's often tiring and very busy, is one of the best I've had so far!



Since Audra was out of school for Good Friday, we went to the zoo with our friend, Lynn, and then later in the day went to dinner with Heather Broadwater and then to the Good Friday service at church.  I love our church.  Chuck did an amazing program that had me in tears as I took the Lord's Supper and really made me think about those six hours...I was overwhelmed with gratitude to our Lord and Savior.

This week in my grief group, I heard something interesting that I thought about again at the service:
Someone who tragically lost a loved one asked, "Where was God when _______ was dying?" (A common question many who have lost feel/ask.)  But the reply was so good...."He was in the same place that He was when His Son was dying on the cross."  We serve a Sovereign God whose plan is so much larger than our minds can comprehend.  I thought of this as Chuck shared some of the prophesies from the Old Testament that became true in Jesus' last days and moments...God had it all planned out from the beginning.  And, the same is true for us.  Just amazing...sometimes painful...but always planned.  I love knowing He has me in His hand and that He loves ME...when I focus on this, it helps me relax and spend less time worrying and more time glorifying my Father.

We have an egg hunt at Mark and Gayla's today, church Sunday morning, we're having the Nelson's over for lunch, and then going to the Carl's for another egg hunt and a Resurrection Egg hunt/story.  Busy and wonderful...I'm sure there'll be lots of pictures to post!  Also, Steven has worked EXTREMELY hard on filling in the pond hole, leveling it, adding topsoil, and then today putting down sod.  It looks SO good and makes our back yard lots more open & kid-friendly!  Love it and appreciate him for doing it!  

So thankful for this life I live....and the promise of the eternal life I'm promised in Heaven!




No comments:

Post a Comment