Sunday, June 3, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend 2012


We had a fun and relaxing long weekend....Thursday night, my sweet little niece, Jordan, came over and spent the night.  She stayed and played all day Friday with Audra (who had a 4-day weekend and was home from school), Whitney, and Colby.  There was lots of giggling, fingernail polishing, and dressing up!!


Oh, and lots of popsicle eating too!!  Friday evening, after Jordan went home, we went on a shopping spree to Target--Whitney's favorite store--where the girls both got to spend their own money/giftcards to get new swimsuits and Whitney also got a "princess fairy" umbrella (thanks Lynn!) which she has played with more than you'd ever imagine!!



Saturday morning, our whole family went to the neighborhood pool for a fun morning of swimming.  Colby fell asleep on the walk there and then wasn't quite sure he wanted to swim after waking up.  It was a fun way to start a Saturday (though the water was a bit chilly!!)  Saturday evening, we went to the Carl's house for a delicious dinner that included fajitas with all the fixin's, fresh watermelon, and homemade raspberry sherbet. YUM!!



Sunday morning, we got up and went to church.  That afternoon, Audra went to Lilly's for a sleepover and Steven, the two little ones, and I went on an adventure to get a new juicer.  We did get find the one we wanted in a BedBathBeyond in Dallas and then went to Whole Foods for dinner (yum) and for fresh fruits and veggies to juice!  It was a relaxing, interesting trip!!

So, we have started juicing....not all the time, and not to lose weight, but just to be more intentionally healthy....and we have loved it.  (I say this and we've only done it a week...I am very hopeful it becomes a life-long habit of healthiness!!)  

Back to our weekend....on Memorial Day (Monday), Steven got up SUPER early to play golf.  The kids and I enjoyed our lazy day playing outside and taking walks around the neighborhood.  That afternoon, we got together with some of our neighbors for a block party.  There was bike riding in the streets (that were blocked off), grilling, and lots of delicious sides.  It was a wonderful way to remember all that we have to be grateful for.  The kids had lots of fun riding bikes and running through sprinklers...I didn't take any pictures, but a friend was taking lots, so when I get them, I'll share them...






It was a fun, popsicle-eating, family-filled few days....then Audra went back to school for four more days of third grade before SUMMER 2012 could begin! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment