It seems very popular now for people to list out daily what they are thankful for during the month of November (Facebook), talk about what gratitude and blessings they have, and in general, make an attempt at keeping the focus on their blessings at this time of year...
I have not done the ever-popular daily Facebook post, but I do spend time each day thanking God for the many blessings He's given...in our society, it's easy to forget that we deserve nothing and all that we have are the result of God loving and blessing us. I have been trying to figure out a way lately to help my children understand just HOW much they have--food, a home, clothes that fit, two parents that love and care for them, the luxury of being carefree kids, a chance to be educated, freedom to worship & learn about God in a wonderful church, etc...things that to no fault of their own, they take for granted because they're the norm in their fishbowls of life....I've also been trying to steer their focus to the biggest blessing He's given us--Jesus Christ and His sacrifice of taking our sins upon Himself so we could be with Him in Heaven. That's hard for me to grasp fully a lot of the time and even more difficult to help them understand and feel....I think the best way is to live gratefully so they see it in action.
This year at Thanksgiving, I am thankful for all of the MANY blessings I have--family, friends, provisions, health, church, freedom....the list goes on and on and on.....

No comments:
Post a Comment