Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Last Few Weeks


I have realized something recently....when you have kids under two that are under the weather, not much gets accomplished!  Colby and Whitney have both had croup for what seems like forever--actually it's been a couple of weeks--that turned into ear infections for Colby and a sinus infection for Whitney.  We've done LOTS of breathing treatments (uggh!) and finally figured out that Whitney would tolerate them if she could wear sunglasses to keep the "smoke" out of her eyes and that Colby does much better taking one when sleeping.  These realizations were made after many stressful, slightly unsuccessful attempts at giving them.

Last weekend was the state basketball tournament, and the Sudan Hornettes (the team from my hometown) made it...I had really wanted to go, but because of the sickness, the there was NO way I was going to make a 4 hour drive with fussy babies, so this was my view of the game.


I was very thankful that it was televised and LOVED watching and cheering them on.  They won 70-40!!  Yeah!  State Champs.  It was neat because the head coach was my coach when I was in school, and I have watched many of those girls grow up since birth.  So proud of the Nettes!
We have spent a lot of time at the pediatrician's office lately.  It gets interesting at times trying to stay entertained while waiting.  Here are some of our moments trying...






Often, the only motivator that works for Whitney is the promised lollipop and stickers at the end of the appointment if she stays "good"...amazingly works most of the time!


We also had a visit from Nana and Papa Steve the end of February.  They came to help Mark and Gayla settle in to their new home and then visited us before heading home.  We always have so much fun with them...didn't get too many photos on this visit--guess we were having TOO much fun!



We went shopping at the mall with Nana Noni....not something I feel brave enough to do on my own very often...it was a success and fun time...I really love simple pleasures with my sweet family.  Notice I had THREEEEEE kids in the stroller--LOL!


No comments:

Post a Comment