Sunday, August 4, 2013

May 2013

Whitney got to go with her daddy on a trip to Hot Springs Village to see Papa and Nana...while she was gone, Audra, Colby, and I enjoyed going to Sashi Nikaidoh's book signing for his new book Healing Hearts...please click the title if you're interested in purchasing the book.  It's one of the best books I have ever read.  (Sashi is the husband of one of my closest friends, Lynn...)


We also enjoyed a visit from Uncle Nick and Audra & Tucker passed dog obedience class in May.


The most memorable event of May was Whitney & Colby's combined Barnyard Birthday Bash...I will probably devote an entire post to it, but here's a glimpse...


We also were able to celebrate Mother's Day weekend with both of our mothers (as it was the same weekend as the party) and had a fun Mother's Day Tea at Whitney's preschool.




Audra worked SO hard on her Texas Animal Zoo Habitat project and did a great job!


We got the opportunity to go to the Byron Nelson golf tournament...it was fun but VERY hot...so we only stayed for part of it.  Even on a cool day, I doubt our kids could've stayed good and quiet for more than a few hours anyway... :)  The frozen lemonades helped....


Poor Colby has had lots and lots of bouts of strep, and finally after having another one days after finishing antibiotics for an ear infection (that also didn't clear up--a tube had come out), our ENT decided he needed to just get rid of his tonsils and adenoids and have new ear tubes put in too...Steven stayed with us most of the day, and Lynn stayed with us all day and night.  He did really well, though I am honestly glad that's DONE!  The 10 day recovery was worse than the surgery I think!!

Steven coached Audra's volleyball team, the Spiker Chicks, this season...it wasn't the best season, but the girls all had fun and he was great with them!  So thankful he is active in the kids' activities.


No comments:

Post a Comment