Friday, March 8, 2013

It's March???



I know I keep saying/thinking this, but man, time is sure flying!  I guess that's what happens when you're crazy-busy chasing kids and dogs night and day...

Life has been very busy, but it's also very good.

We've finally finished transitioning the kids into their new bedrooms...huge for me.  Audra moved into the guest room and had a room make-over as her tenth birthday gift.  Whitney inherited Audra's pink room and furniture, but we got new bedding and new accessories to spruce it up.  And, sweet Colby moved upstairs into Whitney's old room...he's now taking naps in his new toddler bed though he still sleeps in his crib at night (at his request)...I keep asking him if he wants to sleep in his new big boy room and he keeps pointing downstairs while saying, "baby" as in, "I want my baby bed, mama!"  Since he's our last, I am not in any huge hurry to transition him out of it...cause he IS still a baby, right??? ;)  Oh, and we had the upstairs bathroom redone as well...couldn't have Colby sharing a bathroom decorated in purses, right?  We had new floors put down, the walls painted (by my favorite painter!...Steven), and new decor.....fish themed!  All this to say, I don't have pictures of any of it, so I will have to take some and do a post devoted to renovations soon!

I also got a wild hair and have cleaned out most of the closets in our house...I think we have 12 or so, so that's no small feat!  I haven't gotten to our master closet and it's disorganization is looming right now as I type...

I don't know what it is about this time of year, but I seem to always get in the mood to clean out the house...maybe that's where the term "spring cleaning" comes from, huh???

Other than that, I have been busy with tutoring--I have six students now--and with Bible studies and laundry and grocery shopping and cooking and cleaning and playing with kids and picking up after kids and....what do I do with all my time???  I never feel I have enough to get everything done...

I am studying Ephesians and Daniel in two different studies and have been fascinated at how God has intertwined them to play off of each other and really get my attention about things...this week was about prayer.  I so often take for granted what a gift it is to freely be able to go before my Father with anything, anywhere, any time...and that he hears me and answers me often before my prayer is finished is so incredibly amazing...He is a mighty, awesome God!  Here's one section from Beth Moore's study that I particularly loved....



I also started going back to the gym...approximately three times a week...before the kids get up in the morning....so, very early.  However, this week was a flop!  I am determined to not lose my momentum though and will start again next week!

Next week....spring break!  I will have all three kids and no extra activities--we aren't going anywhere, so it could be a long week...well, we are going to a museum one day--the Perot Museum of Nature and Science--and I've heard it's great...hope so, cause we got a family annual membership, so I plan on going more than once! :)

Anyway, just can't believe it's March....

Shopping at the Mall

Doesn't she look like a star trying to shop incognito?
Quick visit from Nana and Papa

Visiting Audra for lunch at school


Audra at the school book fair

Little Priss slept at school!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment