Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Happy {1st} Birdie Colby!





Well, after thinking I never would be "that mom", I became "that mom"....I have let the ball drop in many ways with baby #3...like, Colby doesn't even HAVE a baby book compared to the baby book for Whitney with like 3 pages filled out and the very detailed book Audra has...  For both girls, I did a first year calendar recording every day of their first year....poor Colby...I have a calendar for him and one night, like when he was 10 or 11 wks old, I frantically filled out as much as I could remember from his first days--staying up wayyyy toooooo late!--and then have never touched it again.  All this to say, I was DETERMINED to not let his first birthday be anything less that A BIG DEAL!...especially since both sissies had big first celebrations and because, well, he is a BIG DEAL!  I called it "My Last First Birthday" (God willing!!)

The party was a smashing success and worth all of the hard work to prepare for it!  I'll let the pictures speak for themselves....

The Decorations
















 The Party

























The Birthday Boy and His Cake







Cake Eating Helper


Yum-Yum! 






The Family

Enough Fun!  I'm done....






The Presents















He was getting pretty tired (as you can see) by the end...
I was SO lucky to have my mom here for the week to get things ready for it!  Thanks, Mom!!  And, thanks to all those who attended and helped us celebrate the life of my favorite little man in the whole, wide world!  God is GOOD!


No comments:

Post a Comment