I think it's easy to take this for granted, but I am so thankful and we are so lucky to have healthy kids. God is good!
Colby is now walking everywhere--started really going about two weeks before his first birthday...and now wants down to walk all the time! He can crawl up and down the stairs--which is sometimes scary to me...it's a challenge to make sure the gates are shut when big sisters are going up and down so he doesn't sneak up! He is naturally drawn to balls, cars, and golf clubs--it's funny how he'll choose these things in a pile of toys and pass over the dolls and purses...I love having a boy! He is so entertained by Whitney and Jonesy and Audra and adores them. He gets super-excited when his daddy comes in a room and wants to get to him as fast as he can! He loves his mommy and gives me the best hugs that MELT my heart.
He is wearing size 5 shoes and diapers and 24 mth. clothes. He is still nursing, though we have cut it down to only 1-2 times each day. He does NOT like milk, like cow milk, and so I am having to get creative in trying to get him to drink it. He eats like a champ...pretty much whatever we are eating minus nuts and shellfish...and often eats more than Whitney. He hasn't seemed picky at this point (except for the milk thing), so I am lucky there!
He seems to be favoring his left hand, and I think he may take after me and be a lefty, though it may be too early to tell. His dad is rooting against that one I think! :) He is very verbal (I think) and says, "mama", "dada", "da-dra" (Audra), "don-dee" (Jonesy), "hi", "bye bye", "no no no"...and probably other stuff...Whitney says he says "nit-nee", but I haven't heard that one! :) He enjoys being outside and is particularly fond of the swing in the back yard...so thankful we have it! He LOVES peek-a-boo and pat-a-cake. He sleeps through the night like a champ in his room and has begun only taking one good nap a day--sometimes he still takes two, but usually if so, one is short and not that great! Colby has the sweetest disposition and is very laid back--which is good in our house of chaotic, dramatic girls!
I know this is a bunch of rambling, but I want to record to remember this stage...two things I have for-sure learned are: 1) they grow sooo fast, and 2) I don't have a great memory!! I've probably left out some important detail, like he has four teeth and is working on some more on the top right now, but this is all I've got now, and he's tired of eating Cheerios in his high chair, so I am done for now! :)

He sure is a sweet little boy. I really had fun being there for his 1st birthday bash. It took a couple of days but by the time I left I had "Colby muscles" from holding him! I love, love, love this little boy...
ReplyDelete